viernes, 9 de abril de 2010

USHUAIA AND NORTH AGAIN




Ushuaia: aka the town at the end of the world, end of the road, the town with more strip clubs than pubs, where more English is spoken than Spanish, cold, muddy and beautiful around the edges. On a good day you can go hiking in the mud in Tierra Del Fuego, or up the the glaciers at the edge of town. When the wind picks up, it is a beast. Why I came here, and how I spent a week in Ushuaia, while unable to hike from hiking damage, I’m not sure. Though I don’t regret my week: thanks Stefan, Richard and Henry, for fantastic company. I never would have realised how many jokes can be made about the end of the world. Or how little spanish you need to flirt with the señorita at the tourist office. Or that what appears to be an unassuming night club is really a lingerie bar. So we move on....













We did find at least one pub which wasn't a strip club.
















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario